Thursday, June 2, 2016

Yamaha XSR900 - First 100 miles

After the first 100+ miles I'm loving the XSR900 even more. 



I'm still getting to know the bike, but I've been riding it every day. I ride for much longer periods of time than I did with my FZ-07. I the FZ-07, I would get uncomfortable after about two hours of riding. With the XSR900, even after four hours or more, I haven't been uncomfortable yet. 

I've been going through the different riding modes and I like 'STD' or 'A' mode most of the time. I've kept the bike in TC mode 1 since. The light clutch makes riding in NYC traffic bearable. The bike is easy to control and maneuver around taxi cab's and busses. 

The suspension hasn't been adjusted yet, but it soaks up the bumpy city streets with ease. The stock Bridgestone tires seem pretty good so far. The gas mileage is around 30 something mpg in city traffic and much higher on the highway. 

When riding on the highway, the XSR900 feels really planted and the wind isn't that bad. The bike can accelerate well at any legal speed so far. I've been trying to keep the revs below 5,000, so I ride in 6th gear on the highway. I've tried out the slipper clutch by down shifting a few gears and it works great. There isn't much engine braking with the XSR900, and when it does engine brake, it does so very smoothly. 

My wife asked me to pick up a few things from Costco, so I decided to leave the car and take BumbleBee. I was able to fit everything on the back of the seat with a few bungee cords.





The XSR900 makes me want to hit the road and go on a long trip. I want to see how far I can push on this bike.




No comments:

Post a Comment